Position is responsible for a variety of warehouse duties including packing,
pulling/checking customer orders, replenishment, shipping and receiving materials,
and material handling and completing all required paperwork in accordance to
company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Resp.:
- Transports raw materials to tape production lines.
- Transports finished tape rolls to appropriate WIP storage location.
- Transports finished goods from Lamination and Slitters to the appropriate
finished goods storage location.
- Ensures all main isles within plant are clear of material and equipment before
shift ends on a daily basis.
- Ensures the raw materials and WIP used at the appropriate production
equipment follow the First In First Out (FIFO) system.
- Develops raw material glass lanes within the glass storage area. Works with
Maintenance to identify lanes with labelling.
- Develops designated storage lanes for PET, coupling agents and colorants.
Works with Maintenance to identify lanes with labelling.
- Primary back-up for Warehouse Associate responsible for Shipping and
- Works with the appropriate personnel to maintain cleanliness of the remnant roll
- Unloads goods and material received, enters appropriate information into
system, labels and locates material.
- Checks the delivery list and plans and schedules the day’s shipments.
- Separates customer orders and places into bins. Pulls and stages orders.
Repacks material if required to meet customer specifications. As required, makes
boxes, packs, labels and locates materials.
- Ensures all products are properly labeled, and packaged. Coordinates the
shipment and shipping paperwork of materials per CSR instructions. (Mode of
shipment could include UPS, OTR carriers, dedicated carriers, international or
- Loads all trucks for shipments, ensuring the product gets on to the correct truck.
Ensures driver signs all required paperwork.
- Calculates total weight for each shipment by adding individual weights of
containers included in shipment.
- Enters claims and customer returns into the system.
- Participates in cycle counting. Enters and verifies information. Researches and
makes adjustments as necessary.
- Reviews preventative maintenance check sheets for forklifts and breakbulk
machines. Ensures good working order of machines.
- Follows and complies with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintains
departmental housekeeping standards.
- Maybe required to handle the accumulation, disposal and transportation of
hazardous waste. If required to do so, must participate in prerequisite training in
order to meet RCRA waste management requirements.
- Drives forklifts, locomotives, track-mobiles or other heavy-duty material movers.
- Maintaining cardboard compacter and dumpster pickup.
- Staging required inputs for production, lamination, and slitting operations.
- Maintain organization of Raw materials/work in progress and finished good.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months to Three (3) years of experience in warehouse, manufacturing and materials industry.
- Manual dexterity, quantitative, reading/comprehension, conflict resolution skills and problem solving techniques.
- Fork Lift Operators License - completed
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and use foot/feet to operate machine.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and frequently move more than 250 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires the use of safety equipment as dictated by the work area such as safety glasses and shoes, dust mask, hardhat, respirator, face shield, hearing protection, chemical suit, gloves, aprons, etc. Work is inside and the typical noise level is loud.
The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, and outside weather conditions. Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration.
Environmental, Health, Safety, & Security (EHS&S) Requirements
- Avient integrates EHS&S into all aspects of our operations. Each position at Avient is responsible for complying with all applicable EHS&S requirements. Additionally, employees and management are responsible for reporting all EHS&S incidents immediately to ensure we keep EHS&S a priority within the organization.
Security includes physical security and cyber security.