Production Calibration Tech
Simi Valley, CA 93063 US
The Production Calibration Technician provides calibration and maintenance of all precision measurement and test equipment. Performs a variety of electrical and mechanical calibrations, using established quality and reliability standards.
Job Core Responsibilities
• Performs complex tests to verify accuracies of calibrated equipment
• Calibrates and troubleshoots test equipment, consoles and systems to locate failure mode
• Repairs test equipment, as required in the process of calibration and ensures accuracy ratios of referenced standards used on test equipment
• Assists in preparing calibration procedures on in-house built test equipment
• Supports other Technicians with writing calibration procedures
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations is preferred.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
• Solid knowledge and experience in testing equipment such as scopes, oscillators, digital multimeters , frequency counters, power sources, distortion analyzers
• Able to troubleshoot test equipment circuits and systems, analog and digital
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, manuals and test procedures
• Capable of recognizing and solving typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluates and selects solutions
• from established options
• Effective oral and written communication
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.