Akron, OH 44306 US
The Program Manager plans, organizes, and manages all activities necessary to ensure the successful completion of assigned program within established objectives. Oversees program lifecycle and ensures results meet requirements regarding quality, reliability, scheduling and cost projection. Partners with all internal functions responsible for product design, production, delivery and support of product(s) assigned. Works with customers to ensure satisfaction and promote customer relationship with Client Braking Systems Division.
LONG DESCRIPTION section. 2 of 3.
Section Title: Job Core Responsibilities
Job Core Responsibilities
• Oversees program lifecycle and manages all activities necessary to meet business goals and objectives
• Develops detailed program plans; including budget, resource allocation and program communication
• Manages the entire program process with P&L responsibility
• Ensures customer satisfaction through excellent service and communication
• Consolidates product requirements and develops relevant documents for internal and external use
• Develops ROI analyses, opportunity business plans and product development road maps based on specific customer service requirements
• Works closely with other internal marketing and external sales teams to pursue new opportunities emerging from existing programs
• Creates forecasts of new opportunities and expansion of existing programs
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
SHORT DESCRIPTION section. 3 of 3.
Section Title: Job Specifications
Education: Bachelor degree required. Engineering degree or other technical field preferred. Post-graduate education (MBA) desired. PMP preferred
Years’ Experience: Minimum 5 years of program or project management experience preferably in aerospace
• This position is both administrative and technical in nature.
• Strong technical background is required to understand and evaluate the technical specifications, requirements and capabilities associated with the program.
• Previous experience in project engineering, manufacturing and scheduling desired.
• Ability to work independently and interface with cross-functional disciplines; excellent interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities and projects.
• Self-motivated with problem solving and decision making skills.
• Strong PC skills required; experience with MS Project and SAP preferred.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to develop clear and detailed plans.
• Ability to travel as needed.