Hartford, CT 06106 US
PROJEClient /SYSTEM/PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Department of Children and Families depends on the core, mission-critical applications, LINK and IV-E, ConneClient icut’s Federally-reimbursed SACWIS (Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System). Implemented in 1996, available on every desktop, and used by over 2,000 social workers and case managers, the application has been enhanced and modified continually to meet data capture and process funClient ionality requirements driven by good child welfare case praClient ice as well as State and Federal legislation and statute. Additionally, LINK continues to experience change chiefly in compliance with the 1991 Juan F. Consent Decree as well as the agency’s ongoing goal of improving the safety, permanency and well-being of children in care. The agency is currently committed to developing the next generation Comprehensive Child Welfare information system (CCWIS) and has invested significant resources to ensure that ConneClient icut has efficient, economic and effeClient ive tools to aid our Child Welfare Staff, Providers and the children and families of Client .
DCF Information Systems provides technology expertise and services as well as an information systems infrastruClient ure to the agency and its roughly 3,300 employees. DCF Information Systems strives to improve continually improving technology services that are cost-effeClient ive and of the highest effeClient iveness and quality.
- SCOPE OF WORK
The candidate will serve in the capacity of an application COBOL/DB2 developer. Participating in various SDLC processes including requirements verification, design and development, testing, maintenance, and support aClient ivities per the direClient ion of agency management. The specific focus of this candidate will be part of the mainframe development team which supports existing LINK and other Legacy applications. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining batch and business to business interfaces applications and supporting SOA integration initiatives and participating in the SDLC process which includes meetings with the SI, verification of deliverables such as requirements, design, testing, and environment configuration.
Specific Services Required:
In the role of the COBOL / DB2 Application developer, the following services are required:
- Perform COBOL / DB2 programming and support for LINK batch applications.
- Provide analysis/requirements to integrate applications.
- Work on all phases of SDLC and create/maintain required technical documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of Quality Assurance planning related to LINK batch processes.
- Assist to develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, integration and implementation enterprise services.
- Assist in migration and integration of data and processes from legacy systems to new applications and new technologies.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business and technical value.
- Must be very organized, pro-aClient ive and self-direClient ed. Must be able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Must have very strong abstraClient thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must have very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Work with the Application Development Manager to establish goals and code reviews while meeting requirements of projeClient s.
- Work with management to supply input for key design and architeClient ure decisions, as well as work estimation and resource planning.
- Provide guidance and training to team members
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Refer to the State contraClient s for IT Professional Services Agreement (22PSX0163) for experience and skill requirements for the job classification Solution ArchiteClient to fill the role. In addition, the agency requires:
For this position, the candidate shares experience and judgment with team to plan and accomplish goals, mentors less experienced staff, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expeClient ed. In addition, the agency requires:
An experience professional with 10 or more years of prior experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
- Experience in developing and maintaining COBOL / DB2 batch applications.
- Command level TSO, ISPF, JCL and other utilities (i.e IDCAMS, IEBGENER).
- Proficient in writing SQL to develop test data and reports for QA and projeClient related tasks.
- Ability to work with reports using SYNCSORT and performing data analysis.
- Experience in ProduClient ion Support. Able to resolve abends using IBM Debugger tool.
- Experience with code control/version using Panvalet.
- Responsible for technical analysis and design, code and testing coordination.
- Gather and document system requirements.
- Ensures that projeClient s are completed according to business requirements and are properly documented.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficient in database development using SQL Server; particularly the creation of database objeClient s including tables, views, stored procedures and funClient ions.
- Experience with SharePoint
- .NET / C# and OOP
Familiar with Agile methodologies and manage user stories for development iterations while maintaining a good relationship with the business unit and customers.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time 40hrs - Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
STATE RESOURCES AND OVERSIGHT: DCF IS Management
SECURITY/PRIVACY CONSIDERATIONS: Comply with Vendor Qualification, DCF Child ProteClient ion Background Check and DCF Non-disclosure Agreement
Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident