Project Manager (IT) - Junior (US)
Austin, TX 78735
1) AS/BS Degree in Computer Science\Engineering\Technology\PMM or equivalent
training and 2-5 years of experience. – Degree considered a plus
2) Working background in computer hardware handling, software installations and PC
3) Working knowledge of all Windows operating systems with Linux experience a plus
4) Organizational Skills and an attention to details is a must.
5) Must have excellent verbal communication skills in English and must be able to be
clear and concise in email and written communication also in English. Mandarin
would be considered a plus.
1) PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills and
2) Experience and technical expertise in PC hardware devices, motherboard
architecture and computer system assembly.
3) Working knowledge/experience with the installation of Linux and Windows operating
systems including drivers and flashing BIOS
4) Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on detail
5) Working knowledge of Thermal heads, Chillers or Thermal Chambers considered a
6) Working knowledge of Allegro, Agile, eMatrix inventory control systems is considered
a big plus
7) Knowledge of Pearl, Ruby, or other scripting languages considered a big plus.
Primary Purpose & Key Job Functions:
1) Coordinate shipping and inventory logistics globally such as boards, hardware and
ASICs as directed by various teams to the various global Validation Teams.
a. Create shipping documents
b. Deliver items to the shipping dock
c. Provide tracking information to end recipients and team leads
d. Ensure items are input into the AMD tracking system
e. Track ownership changes in AMD tracking system
f. Generate reports for various teams
2) Work's with AMD's Silicon Validation team to help setup various systems and infrastructure to support bring up of new and existing programs. Includes imagining HDD with the latest Windows or Linux images, collecting HW or SW to assist the various team or other lab duties as needed.
3) Perform or coordinate the implementation of Lab equipment Maintenance on Thermal heads, Chillers Scope or Analyzer Calibration and to maintain the SCBU Margin Silicon environment
4) Perform or coordinate motherboard reworks and ASIC direct mount activity (in house and external) which includes collecting and provide motherboards to the External teams, creating support tickets, communicate directions and schedules to both external team and the requestor, provide status updates and then distribute complete reworks back to the requestors.
5) Execute pass/fail testing as bandwidth allows