SCOPE OF WORK
The agency needs the service of a QA Automation Engineer to work on SACWIS and CCWIS. The candidate will serve in the capacity of a QA Automation Engineer, will follow a well-defined vision of how IT and the business aligns and make sure that everyone is following the same principles, methodologies, and support activities per the direction of agency management. The specific focus of this candidate will be the part of the team that will work on ETL's and data conversion as well to participate in the SDLC process of the new CCWIS system and work with the System Integrator to ensure the transfer of knowledge and ongoing maintenance of the solution. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible to work alongside our QA Lead to assist with testing the ETL and Data conversions to ensure that conversions requirements are met whilst also ensuring that service qualities (Performance, scalability, extensibility, maintainability, security, interoperability) for now and for the future are achievable.
Specific Services Required:
In the role of the Automation QA Engineer, the following services are required:
- Reviews all system requirements, test scripts, test scenarios to create appropriate testing workflow. Ensures that this set of high-level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined.
- Reviews software components and collaborates with Development group, Product Owners, System Teams, and Operations to ensure best overall testing strategies, best practices and techniques for automated testing.
- Interfaces with the design and implementation teams, so that any problems arising during QA can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, and user needs and constraints.
- Assist in all testing processes involving the migration and integration of new and legacy technologies.
- Follows the testing standards and strategies and uses them correctly.
- Interface with the user(s) and sponsor(s) and all other stakeholders to determine their (evolving) needs.
- Follows the set standards for the automated testing software, policies, and execution.
- Generates products such as automated functional tests, regression tests, load tests, and test scenario around ETL and data conversion.
- Responsible for creating automated test case scenarios for Agile Delivery Team to meet Acceptance Criteria
- Reviews and understands the design and development of the database architecture including relational data structures, data marts, data dictionaries and logical and physical data models.
- Develop and maintain efficient, well documented, test scripts custom to the integration of data and processes from the legacy systems to the new applications and technologies.
- Design, develop and implement ETL testing scripts that are consistent with the solutions for data ingestion, cleansing, business rules execution and Data Distribution.
- Perform tests and validate data flows and ETL processes according to business requirements.
- Ability to create complex SQL joins to test data migration requirements.
- Expertise in querying and testing databases such as SQL Server, DB2 and Oracle.
- Designing test scripts that validate the determined data conversion strategy from legacy to new platforms.
- Involvement in all stages like Requirements gathering, Data mapping, Data extraction, Data loading, Data testing, documentation, performance optimization and maintenance.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business and technical value.
- Must be very organized, pro-active and self-directed. Must be able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Must have very strong abstract thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must have very good verbal and written communication skills.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
In addition, the agency requires:
An experience professional with demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
- 5+ years Experience with Automated Testing Frameworks, Test Strategies and Test Beds.
- 5+ years Experience with HP QC, UFT, Stress Stimulus, Azure Dev Ops
- 5+ years Experience Microsoft SharePoint
- 5+ years Experience with Agile Methodologies
- 5+ years Experience with Software Testing Methodologies
- Knowledge of Testing Tools, Testing Frameworks, Continuous Integration Methodologies
- Knowledge of Web Application Testing, Distributed System Testing, Performance Testing, Regression Testing, Database Testing, Mobile Testing, Security Testing, Accessibility Testing, Web Service Testing.
- Knowledge of Data Modeling and Database Design
- Thorough understanding of standard QA best practices in an Agile environment including authoring test plans and test cases, executing tests and tracking issues to closure
- Experience in Test Driven Development and testing tools and techniques.
- Testing experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, WCF) and tools such as SOAPUI and SOAP Sonar.