Quality Assurance Engineer
Troy, AL 36079 US
• U.S. citizenship.
• A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
• Proven experience in performing root cause investigations and implementing effective corrective action.
• Knowledge of MS office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Effective communication skills where you are able to structure, prepare and deliver compelling and clear communications to all levels of the organization.
• At least three years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Four-year degree in a technical discipline.
• Background in ISO 9001/AS9100.
• Five to ten years in a manufacturing environment performing root cause analysis, mistake proofing, and project management tasks.
Product Quality seeks a highly motivated individual to provide leadership as a quality engineer in the investigation of product discrepancies and drive root cause and corrective action, and achieve reduction of Scrap, Rework and Repair (SRR) and customer quality escapes and assure quality standards are implemented and adhered to throughout the product lifecycle.
Candidate must be able to perform in a customer-focused work environment, maintaining effective communication with internal/external customers including DCMA (US Department of Defense). Position requires coordination with Engineering, Operations, and Procurement on product quality issues and effective issue resolution.
Additional responsibilities include support of product safety and EH&S initiatives