Indianapolis, IN 46268 US
1st shift 8am-5pm
1. Lead Quality Assurance deliverables as assigned by plan product team, including the following examples: Special Product Characteristics (SPC) determination, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Customer Requirements, Client Manufacturing PPAP, Early Production Containment. Monitoring of quality compliance in Client plant. Analysis, monitoring and reporting of costs per plant regarding expedited, warranties, rework, scrap, excess inventory and maintenance.
2. Act as the quality lead for the plant. Interface and support customer requests, concerns, and evaluations. Monitoring of plant performance regarding the cost of nonconformities.
3. Act as the representative of the entire Quality function on the product teams. Will need to support additional quality resources as required to support the projects: Monitor and update the daily VGNA scrap report.
4. Lead cross-functional teams on projects to improve the quality & assure compliance on current products, across multiple manufacturing lines and with the customers. Examples include Special Characteristic capability improvement, standardization of methods for quality evaluation and documentation, such as 8D, PFMEA, and Control Plans. Using a standardization on approach, such as MSA and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). Support to ensure the quality of products and/or processes for each plant that requires it.
5. Follow-up on compliance in carrying out layered process audits.
6. Participate as a Quality Management System (QMS) Fresh Eyes auditor each year. Realize audits to the quality management system in the different plants of the region. Ensure the correct use and implementation of Client procedures in the plants of the region
3 years of experience applying quality tools in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge of quality and continuous improvement, Problem solving (8D, Root Cause Analysis), statistics and statistical process control (SPC), process capability analysis, measurement system analysis (MSA), geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
Internal auditor in quality management systems (IATF 16949), Core tools.
"Self-Motivated individual who is highly organized and capable of collaborating with various stakeholders to achieve assigned projects and tasks
Analytical skills, effective communication, decision making