Phoenix, AZ 85040 US
Responsible for overall quality planning related to manufactured and purchased products. This position will be responsible for the improvement of processes and technical quality planning, including review of contract requirements, designs, change orders, specifications and work orders. Will also ensure that our company and sub-tier suppliers comply with customer quality and special process requirements.
• Uses advanced quality and continuous improvement quality engineering principles to enhance product quality, reliability, and acceptance. Suggests and implements improvement ideas covering products designs, system processes, and hardware processing.
• Prevents problems by assessing and qualifying the capability of the product design, manufacturing, and preventative action systems
• Implements quality plans and monitors detection systems
• Evaluates performance of the product design, manufacturing quality and reliability systems
• Implements corrective actions and solves problems that affect quality, manufacturability, and product reliability
• Provides customer/vendor and management interface on quality, process, and manufacturing systems
• Conducts and supports audits on special processes and quality management system
• Updates quality system documentation in support of audits and customer requests
• Ensure development teams maintain focus on customer quality system and product quality requirements
• Other related duties as assigned
• Regular and acceptable attendance and punctuality
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgy.
• Prefer 2 years of quality assurance experience.
• Read and understand drawings, including geometric tolerancing.
• Fully proficient in developing Quality Plans, Monitoring Quality Performance, and implementing Corrective/Preventative Actions, and Interface with Customer and Third-Party Auditors.
• Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of internal and external personnel.
• Hands-on with strong mechanical aptitude, and capable of successfully balancing both the technical and administrative aspects of the position.
• Proficient at problem solving and working with Customer/FAA specifications and quality requirements.
Light work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force infrequently, and/or a negligible amount of force occasionally to move objects.
• Must be able to see details at close range.
• Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.
• Ability to frequently stoop, bend and kneel.
• Ability to often reach with hand and arms and grasp.
• Ability to frequently talk and hear.
• Ability to frequently stand