Environmental Scientist in Aquatics - Please upload degree or transcripts with application
Enter macroinvertebrate data into an access database; includes saving the document in the proper format for further work by the manager.
- After training, properly clean a semi-quantitative macro invertebrate sample for preparation to sort/pick macro invertebrates from the debris that was collected.
- After training, properly complete the headings and internal labels for all samples that are being processed for further analysis.
- After training, sort/pick macroinvertebrates from the previously cleaned semi-quantitative samples for further analysis.
- Permanently mount specific organisms for further identification.
- Organize the diatom photo library for clients; includes naming the photos and storing them in one central location.
- Take photos of the macroinvertebrate specimens in the reference collection for clients.
- Gather specimens in the SEMN (Southeastern Monitoring Network) project for sending for verification; includes typing information into an excel spreadsheet, packaging them for shipment, and putting them back in the collection for storage.
- Dispose of old samples and collect waste alcohol for disposal.
Review and “second check” information that has been entered into the LIMS (laboratory information management system).
Assist with fish filleting (prepping area, cleaning after, scaling fish); review and “second check” information on chain of custody forms after processing.