Senior Controls Specialist
Glen Allen, VA 23060 US
• Working under minimal supervision, the Cost & Project Analyst acts as the financial advisor to the integrated project team.
• Support services include standard and ad hoc financial analysis focused on tracking project performance and anticipating problem conditions.
• This challenging role requires knowledge of accounting concepts and adherence to established policies while exercising creativity to assess problems and recommend solutions.
• Provides current status of programs/projects to Finance Manager and Digital Project Manager.
• Develop, implement and coordinate planning, estimating, and forecasting for SLR Digital projects.
• Develop and review project estimates.
• Monitor actual project cost and/or work status data to ensure projects proceed on schedule and within budget and provide status reports to management.
• Provide contract administration such as preparing purchase order requisitions, validating invoices and working with vendors to resolve issues.
• Implement, evaluate and monitor controls systems.
• Conduct meetings with vendors and company stakeholders on control matters.
• Implement control policy and procedures.
Other related duties include:
• Produces timely monthly reports and ensures formal communication of detailed variance analysis on a monthly basis. Provides supporting documentation to track project variances throughout the project lifecycle and for financial transactions.
• Coordinates the preparation of the Digital annual budget, monthly forecasts, and rider filing data.
• Prepares monthly forecast for assigned projects and ensures inputs are provide in a timely manner into the capital system (CAPS) and ensures all data is provided for executive requests for funding approval through the Project Funding Review Board.
• Ensures data integrity as it relates to reporting and analytics.
• Ability to develop Ad Hoc MS Excel models to summarize large data sets.
• Ability to handle complex work and all aspects of the job using wide knowledge of the field and mastery
• Self-starter and makes decisions independently.
• Strong attention to detail and high ethical standards.
• Ability to work as part of team of managers and technical personnel.
• Proactive in identifying and solving problems of high complexity.
• Strong organizational skills and analytical / logical approach.
• Ability to synthesize diverse information (technical, schedule, and cost) and exercise good judgment.
• Ability to consistently deliver accurate financial reporting.
• Proficient in Excel and SAP
• What soft skill requirements do you have (team fit and personality requirements)?
o Strong communication skills both verbal and written
o Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Nice to Have Skills:
o SAP, Excel, Power Query
High Level Project Overview:
• Serve as Digital Team Cost Controls Analyst to support Project Managers with multi-million dollar capital projects.
Preferred Years of Experience:
• Bachelors degree plus 5 years of cost or finance experience or estimating experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Other education – Accounting, Business, Finance, Construction management.
• Are there any specific companies/industries you’d like to see in the candidate’s experience?
o Nuclear, Construction, Manufacturing, Utility
• Preferred Interview Process Overview (High level):
o TEAMS Meeting
• At any time is overtime required or would you say it is just available as a function of the job? Peak periods, such as month end, yearend, budget planning periods