Senior Software Engineer
Indianapolis, IN 46201 US
The position you are applying for is with Vertex Technology & Training Solutions which was formerly Client Global Training & Logistics.
The Senior Software Engineer will join our multi-discipline Agile/DevSecOps Development team in Indianapolis, IN, supporting our Air Soldier program. The Senior Software Engineer uses and provides creative solutions to complex, technical, system and software integration problems using modern Agile/DevSecOps processes and tools. The multi-discipline team that includes Software, Systems and Cyber Engineers work closely together to design ideal solutions with the end user and operational needs in mind. The Senior Software Engineer should have experience in C/C++ development in a Linux environment. As part of the Gateway Mission Router effort there is a need for candidates with experience in Linux OS internals, drivers, and boot configuration. The Senior Software Engineer should have strong communication and team building skills and embrace modern development processes and techniques that improve code quality and productivity. Individuals who love to learn and seek new challenges are highly valued.
The Senior Software Engineer must be able to work in a highly collaborative agile environment. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for developing new software, tailoring reusable software, and integrating software components in a Linux environment for ARM target hardware. The Senior Software Engineer mentors less experienced engineers and contributes to maturing and improving our processes and products. Residing in the Indianapolis area is required. While most employees are working remotely, they maintain the ability to come into the facility to integrate and test with the hardware and system as required.
• Minimum of 5 years related experience in Software Development.
• Experience developing C/C++ and scripts in a Linux environment
• Experience with the Linux Operating System and networking concepts
• Must live in the Indianapolis or central Indiana area to be able to come in to the Indianapolis facility and integrate and test software in our lab
• Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance
• Multi-year experience in Linux OS internals, drivers, and boot configuration on ARM devices.
• Experience with developing networking software on Linux/ARM devices
• Experience with custom kernel-built Linux distributions
• Experience with Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD)
• Familiarity with Agile and DevSecOps Software Development process environments
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to support customer meetings, and integration and installation events
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or related Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) degree program or equivalent experience also considered.