Airway Heights, WA 99001 US
Provides general support for assembly, fit, weld, forming or machine operator. Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications.
Functions and Responsibilities
• May be trained to scribe, trim, sand, polish, drill, punch, sizing and deburr functions from instructions using hand and power equipment such as die grinders, bandsaws, chopsaws, Libert shears, grinders, polishers, and belt sanders.
• May also clean metal parts through the use of a wide array of processes such as hand-wiping, solvent washing and alkaline/caustic chemical cleaning. May be required to obtain applicable certificates for cleaning.
• Detect and report faulty operations.
• Check for prescribed dimensions in jigs, fixtures or with calipers, micrometers, height gages and other inspection devices
• Follow written instructions and sketches.
• Perform all work in accordance with established standards and safety procedures.
• May train others on job experience.
• Work under direct oversight.
• Requires a general working knowledge of various abrasives mediums and grits as well as demonstrated skill level to remove edge and corner burrs to a consistent shape without excessive gouging.
• Able to read and understand precautions, safety criteria and mix ratios.
• Basic understanding of manufacturing planning operations and sketches.
• Knows when to stop and ask for clarification.
• Must be able to use mathematics relevant to shop support functions.
• Requires ability to learn the use of machine tools and precision instruments.
• Also requires good manual dexterity.
Demonstrate proper and safe operation of equipment, and personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, safety glasses/full face shield, hearing protection, heat reflective body garments and gloves as required.