Milwaukee, WI 53226 US
JOB DIMENSIONS (scope, responsibility, approach)
- Primary coverage of sourcing for all materials that are for resale including traded goods (PFG) and contract manufactured (tolled) products from third-party suppliers or Intercompany Client/Bostik entities
- Alignment of resources to support supplier innovation, supply continuity, cost management, service, operational complexity, system and data integrity
- Spend analysis, market analysis, strategic planning, contract management, supplier relationship and performance management
- Relevant functional data maintenance and integrity related to SAP material and vendor master data
- Invoice review and approval
ACTIVITIES (tasks, resource, outcome, priority)
- Practice good ergonomic and safe work habits in accordance to OSHA, EPA, and Bostik EHS guidelines.
- Maintain professional integrity that complies with Bostik Code of Conduct and Purchasing Fundamental Business Principles.
- Executes sourcing and purchasing life-cycle process for responsible materials via category spend analysis, optimized sourcing plan, and alignment with business objectives.
- Executes and monitors annual supply plans for strategic materials. Supports in supplier development and improvement.
- Lead or supports execution of cost savings initiative for assigned business units.
- Supports evaluating the market competition and operational capability of potential and existing tollers in order to determine fit for outsourcing requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, technical qualification, EHS and quality assurance, manufacturing competency, financial viability, and competitive threat versus synergy.
- Conduct data mining and analyze spends to identify and capture opportunities to reduce price and improve service.
- Maintains and communicate metrics for cost, quality and working capital performance.
- Forecasts and communicate purchase requirement and supply plan within the SIOP process. Follow up to ensure material demand is met.
- Ensure integrity of SAP procurement and supply parameters through accurate and timely creation and maintenance of material and supplier master data, regular reporting and analysis of variances in pricing and freight standards. Analyze the supply chain of purchased materials from supplier facility to the point-of-usage at Bostik’s operation. Identify factors that create complexity and cost. Take action to reduce or eliminate them through internal and external collaboration.
- Lead or support improvement efforts involving purchased products (availability, inventory, quality, operational cost, etc.)
- Complete Puresafety training on-time and in-full. Perform additional duties as assigned.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT (WORK CONDITION, AUTONOMY, INTERACTION, FEEDBACK)
- Both 1:1 and team based cross-functional collaboration call for timely follow through with local and remote stakeholders.
- Fast pace and competing priorities require multi-tasking, effective communication of progress, and focus on creating result.
- A balance of task autonomy and consensus building avoids silo thinking and fosters ownership, diversity and quick action.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (purpose, value, impact, significance)
- Assurance of supply continuity and continuous improvement of total delivered cost.
- Implementation of sourcing strategy in support of business objectives and operational priorities
- Execution of internal control of standard cost and delivery capability such as PPV, lead-time, OTIF, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor degree in a science or technology discipline. Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Material Science preferred.
- 5 years of industry experience including at least 3 years hands-on procurement and 2 years sourcing particularly in a purchased finished good and contract manufacturing environment.
- knowledge of chemical supply chain from bulk commodity to intermediates and specialty chemicals is preferred.
- Black belt, CPIM, CSCP or CPSM certification is highly desirable though not mandatory. MBA or commercial experience a big plus.
- Demonstrated negotiation skill and business acumen.
- Strong skills in analytics, critical thinking, conflict resolution, verbal and written communication.
- Self-starter with effective team member, team leader, and individual contributor.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple concurrent projects.
- Advanced user of Excel, MS Word and Powerpoint. Experience with a leading ERP system is required. SAP hands-on experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated potential to move and grow across the broader company organization.
- A high sense of commitment to personal and workplace safety.