Akron, OH 44306 US
The Systems Safety Engineer provides technical expertise to support optimization of systems and equipment reliability, maintainability and safety parameters of brake control LRUs and systems. To provide systems that meet their safety objectives, that are reliable, and which require minimum expenditure to support throughout its operational life.
Job Core Responsibilities
• Conduct technical RM&S work to support both mechanical and electronics equipment with a detailed knowledge of one or more of the following skill sets: Reliability, Maintainability, Safety & Testability.
• Prepare and review documentation including the following: Reliability documentation, Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis, Provisioning (spares) documentation, Failure Catalogues, Testability documentation, Flight Safety Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard Analysis, System Safety Analysis, Maintainability Analysis, Common Cause Analysis.
• Support generation and verification of safety requirements.
• Evaluate system functions and design of systems.
• Liaise with internal and external customers and suppliers.
• Demonstrates service excellence to both internal and external customers by focusing directly on identification and satisfaction of their needs. Specific emphasis to be placed in support of development program teams.
• Be able to review and understand external technical specifications as they apply to Reliability, Safety and Maintainability contractual requirements.
• Be able to review and understand technical drawings, design reports etc.
• Be able to review and understand system schematic diagrams.
• Plan, organize and control activities to ensure on-time delivery and the quality of their output.
• Actively participate as a member of the department and/or project teams.
Education: Bachelor degree in Aerospace Technology, Systems, Aeronautical, or Aero-Mechanical Engineering or other relevant technical discipline required with a strong mechanical and/or electrical engineering content.
Years' Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant engineering experience or 3 years of experience in related field with a Master Degree in an engineering discipline. Aerospace background required.
• Experience in generating safety engineering documentation (REL, FHA, PSSA, FMES, SSA)
• Understanding of the system development process to include requirements development, system design and integration, and system testing (V-Model)
• Familiarity in the use of requirements management database (e.g., DOORS)
• Possess a developed knowledge of aircraft system safety requirements invoked within CFRs/FARs, ACs, TSOs, MPS, and ARP-4761
• Familiarity with RM&S standards, e.g. MIL-HDBK, DEF-STAN and MIL-STAN
• Familiarity of Aerospace Qualification and Certification (ARP4754A, DO-178B/C, DO-254, DO-160G, ARP4761, AS8584, ARP1070)
• Good knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering principles
• A knowledge of aircraft mechanical systems and equipment
• Understanding of aircraft braking system development
• Strong analytical skills
• A self-motivated, self-starter who works well in a team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Willing to travel (both domestic and international)