Sparks, NV 89437 US
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: 2 years relevant experience or AA degree preferred
• PURPOSE/ MISSION OF TEAM:
o The Technical Writing unit manages controlled documentation within the Production and Maintenance functions. We are responsible for compliance to regulatory requirements and implementation of Standard Work as a foundational element of the PENA Production System (PPS). Regulatory requirements include but are not limited to OSHA and ISO 9001:2015.
The Technical Writer will work alongside various production leaders, manufacturing engineers,
and other users and technical staff to gather data for documentation. The individual will
research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for
nontechnical and technical users while documenting engineering processes and specifications.
The Writer will develop professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to
resolve a variety of issues.
· Must be able to write Standard Work and update related Standard Operating Procedures
· Formatting and editing of digital images, including image size and resolution, color,
brightness and contrast, rotation, and cropping
· Develop studies, and create Yamazumi Charts
· Proven ability to exceed goal of 16 SOPs or 4 MPIs a month without assistance
· Must meet the standard goal of four (4) standard work documents a month
· Experience creating technical specifications for automated manufacturing equipment is a
· Ability to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
(simultaneously managing multiple documentation projects)
· Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, with a proficiency in English
grammar, spelling, and punctuation
· Excellent listening and observation skills
· Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
Education: · Basic/Required: High School Diploma or GED · Preferred: A.A. Degree or 2 years of experience
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements: · To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.