Montvale, NJ 07645 US
Job Title: Automation Technician - Packaging
1. Maintain multiple robot cells in working order, from set-up, programming, operation, troubleshooting and repair to sustain packaging production schedule.
2. Maintain packaging equipment in working order, set-up, programing, operation, troubleshooting and repair to sustain packaging production schedule.
3. Edit existing robotic programs / recipes inputs / outputs for continuous improvement.
4. Troubleshoot process problems and monitors equipment to identify and correct potential errors.
5. Develop and implement solutions to eliminate any equipment related re-occurrence of errors.
6. Drive to improve cycle time and throughput by continuously adjusting robot and/or taping equipment path or functions. Assists with integration, start-up and debugging of packaging floor equipment.
7. Install, configure, and perform appropriate hardware and software options and backup on all packaging equipment.
8. Responsible for scheduling preventive and emergency maintenance tasks on packaging equipment and ordering repeat and/or new tooling as necessary for maximum equipment performance.
9. Provide technical assistance to operators on mechanical, electrical, electronic, and pneumatic related problems.
1. Pick and place robot working cell. (Fanuc, Asyril, Quasys)
2. Pick and place manual, semi and fully automated equipment. (SRM, Ismeca, Vtek, Q-corp)
3. Laser and dual pulse electrical weld equipment. (Miyachi / Unitek)
4. Vacuum & shrink sealers.
EDUCATION / SKILLS / ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills required.
2. Preferred knowledge of Fanuc robot handling guide and 2D IR vision.
3. Highly motivated self-starter with proactive approach to solving problems and seeing opportunities.
4. Strong teamwork abilities, excellent written and communications skills to interact with diverse internal and external groups. Ability to maintain accurate records and data files with strong organizational skills.
5. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to set and manage multiple priorities and to set and meet production deadlines as communicated by management.
6. High School Diploma or GED required with 1-3 years of related field experience is desired.
7. Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and mechanical prints.
4. Prior Robot / automation experience strongly required. (Mechanical parts and storage system feeders, laser weld, Keyence sensors & switches, Numatics controls) and prior PLC, HMI, teach pendant - controller programing experience desired.
5. Formal Fanuc training is preferred (Robot handling tool and IR vision)