US - Safety Administrator
Mason, OH 45040 US
"Support Project Team in developing and sustaining an Incident and Injury Free Culture (IIFC). Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local safety regulations. Provide technical support and assistance to Project Team in developing and maintaining a Project Safety Roadmap. This position will report to the Director of Installation and Sr. Field Safety Lead.
Essential Job Functions:
• Support Crew Foreman/General Foremen in development of Job Hazard Analyses.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of safety programs through daily field walks. Regulatory compliance and audit oversight.
• Conduct new employee orientation and OSHA 10/ 30 Hour Classes
• Meet regularly with field personnel and support in the development of project specific corrective action plans to address safety issues and concerns
• Provide regular feedback to project leadership in a constructive manner on needed areas for safety improvement and recognition.
• Provide coaching and mentoring for employees exhibiting unsafe behaviors, and provide recognition for employees exhibiting safe behaviors.
• Assist with delivery of job site-specific safety orientations for new employees joining the project, as applicable.
• Assist and co-facilitate safety training, testing for all employees (HazCom, Fall Protection, Lockout/Tag out, etc.)
• Support Project Leadership in the completion of incident investigations.
• Facilitate all injury/illness cases.
• Perform periodic evaluations of power tools and equipment (i.e. scissor lifts, forklifts, fall protection, laser levelers, etc.) to ensure equipment is being maintained in good working order, as applicable.
• Monitor and evaluate CEI/Subcontractor compliance with applicable rules and regulations, and project safety requirements.
• Support Project Leadership in the development and execution of weekly toolbox safety meetings.
• Attend the assigned safety meetings each morning:
• Ensure that meetings are taking place daily
• Audit for continuity of topics to be discussed
• Evaluate the participation of the crew and whether the foreman gave them an opportunity to do so.
• Evaluate meetings and provide feedback to Project Leadership on effectiveness.
• Ensure Foremen, GF and Superintendents are evaluating the job site and giving appropriate coaching as needed
General work environment
• Standing, walking, sitting, climbing, typing, carrying, pushing, and bending for extended periods of time. Work is conducted in both indoor and outdoor constructions job site settings. Environmental conditions will vary.
• Occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds.
• Regularly work at heights and in confined space.
• The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• 2 or 4-year college degree desired, preferably in environmental health and safety discipline.
• 5+ years of construction safety experience.
• OSHA 500 Construction required
• Understanding of construction industry standards
• Experience with non-union workforce desired
• CPR/FA Certified
• Ability to work independently, strong communication skills with the ability to influence behaviors
• Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Safety certification is desired.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States."
Responsible for identifying hazardous workplace conditions. Takes samples and measurements of hazardous materials, and coordinates the removal of physical, biological and chemical hazards. Trains employees on safety policies, procedures and regulations. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state health and safety regulations and ensures necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines. Participates in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures. Typically requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor