US - Sr Advanced Manufacturing Engineer - G01828
El Paso, TX 79936 US
Be part of the manufacturing engineering team responsible for transforming Client’s Building Systems operations. As a Manufacturing Engineer overseeing Client electronics assembly, configuration, and test processes, you’ll be driving capital investment, Kaizen activity, and site efficiency improvements to generate savings, including projects to transform the manufacturing process with digitalization and automation initiatives. Hands-on familiarity with electronics assembly, programming, and test equipment is a must. In addition, this role requires strong project-management skills and a record of driving manufacturing systems to world-class quality and efficiency levels. In case is need it, this position will be able to work directly with other organizations in other manufacturing sites in the region to keep improving the manufacturing processes.
• Drive continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and associated reductions in assembly, configuration, and test TAKT times to generate savings
• Search and deploy new technologies to automate manual process and track data in real time
• Keep the times and studies updated in the ERP system to reflect the correct direct labor cost. Ensure the labor will be update every time the process / steps change
• Manage electronics configuration processes across several Client product lines including Production Workstation, Niagara-Central, Titan, Security, and Forge Connect.
• Maintain and implement production equipment such high-volume printers (Datamax E/F, Primera, TSC, etc.), production label printers, micro-SD programmers (Nexcopy, SySTOR).
• Partner with production supervision to implement lean production systems in electronic assembly, configuration, and test operations.
• Incorporate built-in-quality and launch readiness tools (SPC, Cpk, measurement system analysis, etc.) in daily work and build a history of successful application.
• Analyze manufacturing situations and offering appropriate, timely, and actionable solutions.
• Lead continuous improvement (Kaizen and 6sigma ) teams.
• Leader to support all new transitions in TX55. Ensure all technical aspects of the manufacturing process are validate and set properly in the shop floor and systems including the SOS.
• Promote and participate in rapid problem solving to eliminate recurrence of problems and return value stream to standard state
• Mentor upcoming engineering talent.
• Attend to new products pilot runs and generates key reports like First Pass Yield, defects found, actions to be taken for correction. Suggest process changes to correct or fix technical problems with the product or into the manufacturing processes. Provides technical support to the different departments by providing electrical specifications of new components, electrical diagrams, etc.
• Serves as a link to correct any design problem that affects the production lines (downtime), scrap, production volume and/or field problems. Responsible for the implementation of the engineering changes (ECN’s) and verifies their correct implementation.
• Attend Material Review Board meetings and verify the obsolescence products and set actions to reduce the scrap. Validate rework orders and reviews and approves material deviations
• Maintains direct communication with suppliers in case of any discrepancy with the material used in the products that are not resolved by Materials, production, or Quality groups. Set recommendations on technical aspects to improve the manufacturing processes.
• Electronic production processes including light assembly, product configuration, and functional testing.
• Hands-on familiarity with automated equipment operation, programming, maintenance, and repair.
• Business software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, etc.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Five years or more of manufacturing engineering experience with a preference for electrical assembly, configuration, test, and lean implementation.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
• Experience in implementing automated manufacturing systems, particularly with respect to electrical assembly, configuration, programming, and test.
• Hands-on proficiency in troubleshooting problems with automated electronics equipment including programmers and printers.
• A history of implementing and leveraging manufacturing metrics such as SPC, Cpk, measurement system analysis, etc.) to stabilize new manufacturing processes.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proficiency with SAP
• Six-Sigma Greenbelt/DFSS certifications.
• Lean Expert certifications.
• Familiarity with Minitab
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work
• Effective project management skills
• Experience with root cause analyses and FMEA generation.
• Working knowledge of Toyota Production System (TPS) tools and theories.