US - Test Engineer - G00538
Austin, TX 78741 US
Join a team that designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of configuring, testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. You will prepare test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment. You will provide test areas with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed, and compile data and define changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. And you will collaborate with other experienced engineers in an interdisciplinary company that applies best practices to achieve world-class results.
• Follow DoD guidelines and requirements for information management systems and electronic security systems.
• Computer hardware and software RMA repairs.
• Loading Client-Vindicator proprietary Production images onto workstations, clients, and servers.
• Install, update, test computer system peripherals (cameras, printers, signature pads, scanners).
• Applying Microsoft Security Baselines and DoD STIGs to computer systems.
• Applying operating system, application, BIOS and security updates.
• Assist in testing and troubleshooting new versions of Client-Vindicator applications.
• Assist in developing new and updating current Production images.
• Assist in documenting technical procedures for Vindicator MFG Production, Services, Training and Customer Support.
• Assist with elevated Tech Support calls with customers.
• Assist team members with system installation, licensing, troubleshooting, and deployment scenario planning.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Associate Degree
• Recent IT certifications (no later than within the last 5 years) CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+.
• Three + years of experience providing computer support, troubleshooting, repairs, software installation.
• Experience with Microsoft products
o Microsoft Office Pro
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Microsoft Windows Server
• Microsoft Windows 10Experience with Microsoft Cyber Security best practices.
• Experience in the Electronic Intrusion Detection and Access Control Systems industry.
• Significant relevant experience in manufacturing, mechanical, test or related engineering
• Conveys information with clarity and directness, ensuring the message is understood across diverse, global teams.
• Quickly and accurately identifies even subtle interrelationships and patterns among a variety of problems and issues.
• Ability to follow directions and make tasks your own
• Ability to partner and excel in team environments
• Deep understanding of a variety of test engineering standards and specifications
• Ability to influence cross-functional teams to deliver optimal solutions
• Capability to follow guidelines and ensure efficiency on given project tasks