US - Test Engineer - G00566
Torrance, CA 90504 US
Interacts with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Identifies functional problems and suggests resolutions. Assists in the definition of internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs. Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports. May require a bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Test Engineer(Mechanical) will be responsible for Reverse Engineering test equipment, documenting test system design, lab/facility interfaces, conducting development/production testing, commissioning, Test Plan and procedure development.
· Reverse Engineer, Design, procure, fabricate and maintain test equipment and facilities in support of Transition, development, demonstration, certification, and qualification tests.
• Have experience with developing and interpretation of complex engineering drawings such as Test system schematics, wiring diagrams, wire harness drawings.
• Experience Integration/testing of turbomachinery or equivalent test systems, Making changes and modifications to the Integrated test system.
o Reverse Engineer Test equipment or testcarts and generate CAD Models & Production Quality Drawings
• Manage scope, schedule, and budget for the assigned Test Program or Work Package, identifying requirements, risks and opportunities.
• Monitor engineering progress against budget and forecasted schedule for the assigned test projects
• Create Test Documentation (Test Procedures, Test Instructions, Instrumentation list, Piping and Instrumentation Diagram, Controls Architecture) in preparation for Test Solution commissioning and correlation process
• Coordinate periodic reviews with management/Chief Engineer on project status, TRR,CDR,PDR and significant trends and changes of approved projects
• Actively coordinates the design, implementation, commissioning, and maintenance of complex mechanical and control test facilities infrastructure required for aircraft components test and systems/subsystem integration test programs
• Support estimates, Project planning and reporting for major test equipment and facility transition program .
• Experience working with maintenance and upgrade of production and R&O test facilities.
• Demonstrate strong project management skills (plan – execute – escalate).
You Must Have:
· Must be US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident, due to ITAR and Export Control restrictions.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering(Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering/Mechatronics Engineering)
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Mechanical Test environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering preferred
· Working knowledge of Turbomachinery, Aerodynamics.
· Aerospace component and systems test experience desired.
· Ability to develop, update Test system schematics, models and drawings
· Working knowledge of instrumentation and measurement systems desired.
· Demonstrated comfort working with complex systems (mechanical, fluid flow, hydraulics, pneumatics, data and automation).
· Demonstrated ability to work well with a team while being able to make decisions, balancing risks and rewards.
· Experience with Air Cooling Machines (ACM), Environmental Control System (ECS), the Poly Alpha Olefin (PAO) Pump systems, and the Electro Mechanical Power Systems (EMPS) is a plus.
· Experience in Project Management or basic training associated to Project Engineering tasks
· Basic knowledge of aircraft Bleed Air Systems, Environmental Control Systems, Auxiliary Power Systems, Power distribution Systems and/or Power Generation Systems