Roanoke, VA 24012 US
Distribution Center Supervisor
You’ll Fit In
Our teams are:
• Ethical –We play by the rules and act with integrity. We are proud of our actions.
• Passionate -- We care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
• Accountable -- We seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
• Efficient -- We value speed and simplicity.
• Transparent -- We say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
• Learn – We are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
These values enable us to tackle some of the most important opportunities on the planet, never losing sight of what matters. As a team, we have the power to make a difference.
As a Supervisor you will work with a wide range of people in varying roles across the organization, including hourly associates, support personnel within and outside the facility, and outside suppliers which support us our drive to meet daily shipment and receiving goals. This position will be exciting and rewarding for a self-starter who enjoys navigating through the challenges and rewards of leading people and improving processes. In this role,
• You will supervise the daily activities of the distribution center floor operations, motivating your team to ensure that operations are safe, accurate and productive.
• You will provide support to your team by ensuring timely answers to questions or by steering them to the appropriate information sources, and by providing a workplace where team members can grow and develop.
• You will help to interview and select new members for your team and assure that new or transferred team members are adequately trained to meet the requirements of their roles.
• You will manage time and attendance for your team.
• You will offer counseling and coaching regarding things such as performance and company policy.
• You will be an active member of the site’s leadership team and help to support site initiatives and operational changes.
• You will engage with your team to identify opportunities to improve processes and will be a champion for change.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• 3 years of leadership experience
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50-mile radius of the Roanoke, VA facility will be considered.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Bachelor’s degree in Management or Supply Chain
• 5 years of leadership experience
• Warehouse Management System and SAP experience
• Previous warehouse / distribution center / order picking / shipping / receiving experience
• Lean / six sigma experience
• Participative leadership style
• Goal orientation
• Computer proficiency
• Project management skills
• Coaching and counselling skills
• Ability to inspire and motivate
• Servant leader